What personal data do we collect?
Business contact and other information such as
- your name, designation, department, name of organisation and your contact details,
- your dealings with us on behalf of yourself or our relevant business customer, supplier, partner, agent or investor.
Such information may be provided directly by you to us or by a third party such as your employer or your business partner, customer or supplier whom we work closely with, or through our Orbis vendor portal.
Information required to screen individuals such as directors, officers, sole traders, shareholders and key stakeholders of our current and potential counterparties. This screening takes place against publicly available or government issued sanctions lists and media sources.
Information collected when you visit our website or Orbis vendor portal.
Legal basis and purpose for processing the data?
Our legal basis for processing your personal data could be any of or a combination of the following:
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract such as conducting credit checks and fulfilling our onboarding requirements.
- To perform our business contract with you or where applicable, our business customer, supplier, partner, agent or investor whom you act on behalf of or represent.
- where necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the relevant company within the SPO Group, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual(s).
- where necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations or to enforce or defend our legal rights.
- (only if legally required) in accordance with the purposes for which you have granted your explicit consent. In cases where we process your personal data based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of our processing of your data prior to your withdrawal of consent.
The purposes for which we process your personal data include the above and in relation to our legitimate interests, include the following:
- Conducting and developing the business such as researching, developing and improving our products or services, managing our business relationships including account management, business development and marketing in relation to our existing and prospective business suppliers, customers, partners, agents or investors.
- Organisation and governance of business such as financial management, asset management, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures, implementation of controls, management reporting, analysis, internal audits and investigations
- Health, safety and security such as protecting an individual’s life or death, occupational health and safety, protection of SPO Group assets and staff, authentication of individual status and access rights
To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including but not limited to trade control, sanctions and/or bribery and corruption laws and other regulatory requirements. The screening does not result in any automated decision making in relation to our current counterparties or potential counterparties.
Please refer to our Website Privacy Notice for more information on the personal data we collect from you through your use of our website or Orbis vendor portal and how we use such personal data.